At Growth Advisors, all our engagements involve some form of senior management and/or Board group decision making workshops. We have extensive experience in designing and leading workshops ranging from small-scale executive offsite retreats to large-scale leadership conferences spanning multiple days for hundreds of people.
So what makes a group workshop a success?
- Design & Preparation: While it may be counter-intuitive, in our experience the success or failure of group workshops comes down to not what happens on the day, but what happens beforehand. This includes ensuring the a workshop is in fact the best way to address the need.
- Facilitator Experience: As experienced management consultants, we have a deep understanding and experience of how group decision making and action planning supports effective strategy development and implementation.
- Facilitator Skills: We also have demonstrated skill in developing and managing group dynamics, handling individual participants, balancing a task and time focus, and ensuring all participants have a high-impact experience.
Participants in workshops facilitated by Growth Advisors can expect:
- A leadership focus, including an expectation of participation, volunteering, delegation and accountability
- An action focus, with a ‘start with the end in mind’ approach to identifying and allocating initiatives and actions
- An intensive style, designed to generate ‘crucial conversations‘ in a comfortable but demanding group environment